GitHub | decarbonization at icloud dot com | Boston, MA
2023 to Present
Orange Line Motorperson, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority, Boston, MA
2016 to 2023
Software Developer IC5, Apple Inc. Cambridge, MA
In my time at Apple, I was a principal architect in the technology stack used by the App Store and several other services. In this role, I worked cross functionally with many other teams to deliver on features big and small, and I mentored junior developers on practical software architecture techniques.
- 2023: Contributed to visionOS.
- 2022: Contributed to new Apple Music and Apple TV apps on Windows by porting App Store’s technology stack to Windows.
- 2021: Contributed to macOS Apple Music adopting App Store’s technology stack for its non-library pages with a focus on layout and application architecture.
- 2020: Launched a new technology which allows App Store content to be embedded into any app through the
SKOverlayAPI with a focus on performance and daemon architecture.
- 2019: Launched watchOS App Store with the cross-platform stack developed for the iOS App Store with a focus on enhancing and optimizing that stack.
- 2018: Contributed to a major redesign and rewrite of the macOS App Store based on the cross-platform stack for the iOS App Store with a focus on Accessibility.
- 2017: Contributed to a major redesign of the iOS App Store with a ground-up rewrite in native technologies with a focus on delivering a cross-platform stack with high developer productivity.
- 2016: Optimized page load performance and increased test coverage for iOS App Store.
2014 to 2016
Software Developer, Hello Inc. San Francisco, CA
In my time at Hello, I worked closely with design and firmware teams to deliver an app for the Sense sleep tracker.
- Launched an Android app for the Sense sleep tracking device and contributed to the iOS app.
- Open sourced Android libraries for working with Bluetooth Low Energy devices and building complex animations.
- Built internal tooling for flashing embedded devices and contributed tooling for QA in the factory pipeline.
- Contributed to back-end service which tied the companion apps and hardware device together.
2012 to 2014
Senior Software Developer, Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. San Francisco, CA
In my time at Live Nation, I contributed to a ground-up rewrite of the company’s apps for both iOS and Android.
- Contributed to a ground-up rewrite of the Live Nation app for iOS with a focus on general app architecture and implementing designs.
- Contributed to a subsequent rewrite of the Live Nation app for Android with a focus on the commerce flow.
2010 to 2014
Software Developer, Roundabout Software LLC. Portland, ME
Roundabout Software was a small venture I launched with a business partner to build a lightweight alternative to iTunes that brought some whimsy back to music on the desktop.
- Evolved Pinna into a streaming music player in partnership with exfm.
- Launched a music player app on macOS called Pinna.
2010 to 2012
Pharmacy Technician, Hannaford Bros. Co., LLC. Westbrook, ME
I was promoted from a cashier to a licensed pharmacy technician after showing initiative.
- Inputted new prescriptions.
- Counted tablets and capsules and mixed compounds.
- Prepared immunizations for administration.
- Operated cash register.
- Manned phones.
- Processed insurance claims.
- UIKit & AppKit