GitHub | decarbonization at icloud dot com | Boston, MA
March 2016 to July 2023
Software Developer IC5, Apple Inc. Cambridge, MA
In my time at Apple, I have been a principal architect in the technology stack used by the App Store and several other services. In this role, I have worked cross functionally with many other teams to deliver on features big and small, and I have mentored junior developers on practical software architecture techniques.
- 2022: Contributed to new Apple Music and Apple TV apps on Windows by porting App Store’s technology stack to Windows.
- 2021: Contributed to macOS Apple Music adopting App Store’s technology stack for its non-library pages with a focus on layout and application architecture.
- 2020: Launched a new technology which allows App Store content to be
embedded into any app through the
SKOverlayAPI with a focus on performance and daemon architecture.
- 2019: Launched watchOS App Store with the cross-platform stack developed for the iOS App Store with a focus on enhancing and optimizing that stack.
- 2018: Contributed to a major redesign and rewrite of the macOS App Store based on the cross-platform stack for the iOS App Store with a focus on Accessibility.
- 2017: Contributed to a major redesign of the iOS App Store with a ground-up rewrite in native technologies with a focus on delivering a cross-platform stack with high developer productivity.
- 2016: Optimized page load performance and increased test coverage for iOS App Store.
March 2014 to February 2016
Software Developer, Hello Inc. San Francisco, CA
In my time at Hello, I worked closely with design and firmware teams to deliver an app for the Sense sleep tracker.
- Launched an Android app for the Sense sleep tracking device and contributed to the iOS app.
- Open sourced Android libraries for working with Bluetooth Low Energy devices and building complex animations.
- Built internal tooling for flashing embedded devices and contributed tooling for QA in the factory pipeline.
- Contributed to back-end service which tied the companion apps and hardware device together.
September 2012 to February 2014
Senior Software Developer, Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. San Francisco, CA
In my time at Live Nation, I contributed to a ground-up rewrite of the company’s apps for both iOS and Android.
- Contributed to a ground-up rewrite of the Live Nation app for iOS with a focus on general app architecture and implementing designs.
- Contributed to a subsequence rewrite of the Live Nation app for Android with a focus on the commerce flow.
2010 to 2014
Software Developer, Roundabout Software LLC. Portland, ME
Roundabout Software was a small venture I launched with a business partner to build a lightweight alternative to iTunes that brought some whimsy back to music on the desktop.
- Evolved Pinna into a streaming music player in partnership with exfm.
- Launched a music player app on macOS called Pinna.
July 2010 to September 2012
Pharmacy Technician, Hannaford Bros. Co., LLC. Westbrook, ME
I was promoted from a cashier to a licensed pharmacy technician after showing initiative.
- Inputted new prescriptions.
- Counted tablets and capsules and mixed compounds.
- Prepared immunizations for administration.
- Operated cash register.
- Manned phones.
- Processed insurance claims.
- UIKit & AppKit